Saturday, July 28, 2007

Elwynn Forest and Beyond

I knew Kobolds to be nasty creatures from my early days at Northshire Abbey, but I hadn't yet met a murloc until I searched the small lake east of Goldshire. They're as nasty as Kobolds when fighting them but, thankfully, they do not smell near as bad. Instead, they gurgle madly when they rush at you, often in groups of two or more. It was quite the shock the first time murlocs attacked me, but by the Light's grace, I endured.

Further east of the lake, I found the Eastvale Logging Camp. It was oddly quiet for a lumber mill. For one thing, the saw was not spinning loudly or tearing in to the meaty heart of an old Elywnn oak as I have often seen at other mills. The noise from a working saw can be nearly unbearable. In any event, my services were needed at the mill. I collected some wood for the logging supervisor and cleared out wolf prowlers and young forest bears from the surrounding area.

Directly south of the logging camp, I once again encountered the Defias gang. They were a much stronger bunch than those near the Abbey, but I was able to overcome their attacks with a little effort and great facility.

It was while near the Defias Gang that I spotted the bridge to Darkshire in the far distance. Let me tell you that Duskwood, the misty forest that is home to the town of Darkshire, is a dangerous place filled with giant wolves and poisonous spiders. I have also heard it mentioned that Duskwood is home to many Undead! Those monstrous abominations to the Light know no mercy whatsoever. Fortunately, I did not encounter any, but I did find a Goblin merchant along the Darkshire path! I believe his name was Fizzik. I greeted him kindly and asked what he had for sale. Unfortunately, I did not have enough silver for any of his potions or other saleable items and he was not interested in haggling. (He had many desirable items for sale including an orb of fire protection for at least 80 pieces of silver!) I made a note of his presence on the map and I promised him I would return when I was stronger and better able to handle the particular breed of wolves that haunt the black forest of Duskwood. After politely taking leave of the goblin, I made haste back to the relative safety of Elwynn Forest.


Fizzik in Darkshire

Later that night, I journeyed to Stormwind, the human capitol, and visited the Cathedral to see if I could learn any new spells. I spoke with the Paladin trainer there and then made my way to the nearby orphanage. Although the children were a bit unruly according to the orphanage matron, I chose a bed and decided to sleep there for the night. There were plenty of bunks and the children did not look like they were ever going to go to sleep, so I'm nearly certain no-one minded.

No comments: