Friday, July 27, 2007

My Journey Begins



Kobolds are nasty creatures. They and their sickly stench are definitely to be avoided if at all possible. And yet, after devoting myself to the Light and becoming a Paladin at Northshire Abbey, I found myself tasked with the job of clearing out the evil creatures from the depths of a dank cave. Verily, it was a task quickly accomplished. My skills with the mace, combined with the powers granted to me by the light, made this a burden easily borne.

Similar tasks, tasks such as fighting the ever-encroaching Defias Gang or clearing out dangerous wolves surrounding Northshire Abbey, helped me gain mastery of my newly learned skills and firmly placed me on my Paladin's Journey. Soon, I found that I had learned enough skills to face the larger world and bring the Light's Grace to the many other denizens of Azeroth. Feeling competently prepared, I left the comforts of the Abbey.

Traveling south, I discovered the tiny hamlet of Goldshire and made it the home for my next series of small adventures. It turns out that my recent experience with the Kobolds near the Abbey would again come in handy. A larger clutch of the evil creatures were infesting Fargodeep mines, and as I was determined to search those caves for anything to benefit my further travels, I made it my mission to again smite the foul creatures with the Power of the Light. Fortunately, I made quick work of the candle-loving monsters, especially a nasty little one who called itself Goldtooth. I even discovered a nicely balanced shovel that works as excellent two-handed mace!

It was a long day of fighting Kobolds in the Fargodeep mines, but I also found time to help out the Maclure's and the Stonefield's with various tasks, including helping Maybelle Maclure turn herself invisible to meet with her true love. Perhaps the love between those two will finally bring and end to the feud between their families? At day's end, I returned to Goldshire Inn to get some much needed rest.

No comments: